Instagram has revolutionized the way content creators and businesses expand their reach and bolster their growth on the platform. With the introduction of branded content, a feature adapted from Facebook, many businesses have effectively marketed their products and harnessed increased traffic from content creators.
If you seek to gain a deeper understanding of how branded content operates on Instagram, we invite you to stay tuned for more comprehensive insights on the subject.
Branded content and ads on Instagram are often confused by users, despite being different things. This article aims to clarify what branded content is and why businesses may choose to use it. Additionally, it outlines the requirements for being eligible for branded content and how to use it. So, let’s dive in!
What is Branded Content on Instagram?
Branded content refers to any content that a creator has received compensation for, either through monetary compensation or free products or services. When a content creator is compensated for a post, it is considered “branded content.”
Here are some important points to keep in mind when it comes to branded content:
- When you tag a business partner on any posts, people will see “Paid Partnership with Business Partner” above the post.
- Branded content is different from Instagram ads.
- If a content creator allows you to promote their content, you can create branded content ads in the Ads Manager.
Why is It Important to Use Branded Content on Instagram?
Branded content can be a valuable tool for businesses to reach new audiences and promote their products or services. Here are some of the ways that utilizing branded content can benefit your business:
Get More Influence
Instagram is known for its massive following of celebrities and influencers. Collaborating with these creators can be a powerful way to promote your goods and services, leveraging their influence and reach to connect with new customers.
Increase Your Brand’s Trust
By collaborating with creators to promote your goods and services on Instagram, you can build trust with potential customers. This trust is reinforced when creators disclose that they have used your products themselves, further strengthening your credibility and increasing the likelihood that followers will engage with your brand.
Expand Your Reach
Branded content can be a powerful tool for businesses to reach new audiences, especially when creators allow for ads to be created. With this opportunity, businesses can gain access to a creator’s followers, expanding their reach and potentially attracting new consumers to their products or services.
Build Partnerships with Creators
With the use of branded content, businesses can establish meaningful relationships with content creators. This creates an opportunity to continue marketing their products through the creator’s content in the future, allowing for a sustained promotional approach.
Who is Eligible for Branded Content on Instagram?
Instagram has certain policies and requirements for sharing branded content on its platform. These requirements include the following:
- Comply with all requirements regarding branded content policies and Instagram community guidelines.
- Don’t share fake news and misinformation using your account.
- Have a creator or business account.
- Don’t hold government roles or be subject to government rules and ethics.
- Have an established presence on Instagram with a considerable following.
How Branded Content Works on Instagram
Instagram provides creators with the opportunity to engage in branded content across various platforms, including feeds, stories, reels, and live sessions. Prior to engaging in branded content, it is imperative that creators confirm that the brand in question possesses either a creator or business account.
How To Do Branded Content in Posts
To generate branded content on Instagram feed posts, follow the steps outlined below:
- Make an Instagram post like you usually do.
- Tap the “Next” option to add a video, photo, or filter.
- Add a suitable caption.
- Toggle the “Add paid partnership label” to “on”.
- Tap on “Add brand partners” and enter the brand’s username.
- Click the “Done” option.
- Tap the “Share” option.
To enable advertisers to run ads alongside your post, be sure to switch the “Allow brand partner to promote” option to the “on” position.
How To Do Branded Content on Instagram Stories
- Create an Instagram Story like you usually do.
- Click on the tag icon.
- Select the “Add Brand partners” or “Add Paid Partnership” options.
- Search for the brand you are advertising for.
- Click on the brand username to add them.
- Click on “Done”, then select the “Share” button.
Instagram’s branded content feature presents businesses with a fresh avenue to connect with a broader audience and amplify their online presence. If you remain unfamiliar with branded content on Instagram, we invite you to explore this guide for further insights and propel your business to new heights.