Instagram’s story feature is one of its most captivating functions, allowing users to post a story that disappears after 24 hours. Since its launch, Instagram’s story feature has surpassed Snapchat in popularity, thanks to its vast array of creative tools. The story section alone provides a plethora of cool features, such as the ability to add music, stickers, and GIFs. However, if you post a story by mistake and realize it later, the only option is to remove it as soon as possible.
Steps To Remove Current Instagram Stories
Having an awareness of what you share on your Instagram story is crucial, as the 24-hour lifespan of a story provides ample opportunity for your followers to notice any errors or inappropriate content. With over 2 billion active users, Instagram stories are a highly engaged feature, with many followers eagerly anticipating the latest updates from their favorite accounts.
If you find yourself in a situation where you need to remove a story quickly, it’s essential to know the steps to do so. First, open the Instagram app and click on your round profile picture in the top left to see your current story. Alternatively, you can access your profile picture from the Profile section of the app. Once you’ve located your story, tap the three-dots menu located at the bottom right of your phone screen, and click on the Delete option. Confirm the deletion by clicking on Delete again, and Instagram will promptly remove the story from your account.
Once you’ve followed the steps to delete your Instagram story, it’s important to note that if a user has your story open on their screen at the time of deletion, the story won’t immediately disappear from their screen. It will only disappear once they swipe away from your story. This means that if you accidentally posted something sensitive or inappropriate on your story and a user has already seen it, deleting the story may not be enough to completely remove it from their view. As such, it’s important to be mindful of what you post on your Instagram story and take extra care to ensure that you’re not accidentally sharing anything that could harm your personal or professional reputation.
Steps To Remove Instagram Stories From the Archive
If you want to remove an embarrassing Instagram story, you might be glad to know that you can also delete it from your Archive. Follow these steps to do so:
- Launch the Instagram app on your phone and log in to your account.
- Click on the Profile icon located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the hamburger icon positioned at the top right corner of your screen.
- From the menu that appears, click on Archive.
- Scroll down to the Archived Stories section and click on the story you want to delete.
- Tap on the three-dot icon situated at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Select the Delete option from the menu that appears.
- Confirm the deletion by clicking on Delete again.
By following these steps, you can remove an embarrassing story from your Instagram Archive. Keep in mind that once you delete a story from your Archive, it will be permanently removed from your account and cannot be retrieved.
How To Restore Deleted Stories on Instagram
At times, you may accidentally delete an Instagram story or realize that you forgot to save the photo or video. Fortunately, Instagram provides an option to recover deleted content. Here are the steps to retrieve your deleted stories:
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Click on your Profile icon located at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner.
- Select Archive from the menu that appears.
- Click on the story that you wish to restore from the Archived Stories section.
- Tap on the three-dot icon located in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Choose the Restore option from the menu that appears.
By following these steps, you can retrieve your deleted Instagram story easily.
As an Instagram user, it’s essential to be familiar with the app’s features and intricacies to maintain compliance and minimize damage, such as removing stories. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can efficiently manage your Instagram stories.