How To Add Etsy Link to Instagram Bio? Instagram and Etsy are two distinct online platforms with different functions. Instagram is a social networking site where businesses can showcase their products through photos and videos, while Etsy is an e-commerce website that caters to handmade or vintage items. If you are an Etsy seller and want to expand your reach, one way to do so is by promoting your Etsy shop on Instagram. Adding a link to your Etsy store in your Instagram bio can be an effective way to drive traffic and increase sales.
Also see this “Why Can’t I Tag People on Instagram?“
Instagram was founded in 2010 and has since become one of the most widely-used social media platforms worldwide. With over 800 million monthly users, it has become a powerful tool for promotion. Many people use Instagram to drive sales to their businesses, including their Etsy shops.
Step-by-Step Guide on How To Add Etsy Link to Instagram Bio
Managing social media platforms can be challenging, and Instagram has posed difficulties for users in recent times. Specifically, some users have faced issues with links in their Instagram bios, experiencing unexpected errors. This has caused confusion among users who are unsure how to fix the problem.
Fortunately, this article provides solutions for adding Etsy links to your Instagram bio. In this section, we will cover two methods for adding links that will work on both the mobile app and PC.
Method #1: Adding a Single Etsy Link
Adding an Etsy link to your Instagram bio is a simple process that can be accomplished with just a few clicks. However, this method may not allow users to make a direct purchase of your product. Nonetheless, it helps make your link accessible to your followers. This means that when you use this method, users can click on your bio and get redirected to your shop or product page.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to add an Etsy link to your Instagram bio on both PC and the app:
- Go to Etsy and click on the “Share” button to copy the link to the product or shop.
- Launch the Instagram app or use the webpage and log in to your account.
- Access your profile page by tapping on your profile icon.
- Tap on the “Edit profile” button on your profile page.
- In the “Add link” section, paste the copied product or shop link from Etsy.
- Click on the checkmark button located at the top right corner of the screen to save the activity.
Once you have saved the progress, the link becomes visible and accessible on your bio. Users can then input their details to purchase any products from your shop. You can also repeat the same process if you wish to change the product on your bio, for instance, in the case of flash sales or promotions.
Method #2: Adding Multiple Etsy Links to Bio
The previous method outlined the steps to add a single Etsy link to your Instagram bio. However, if you need to add multiple links to your bio, there’s a way to achieve this using a third-party webpage called Linktree. This method allows you to create a single link that leads to multiple web pages, making it easier to promote your products.
Here are the steps to add Etsy links to your Instagram bio using Linktree:
- Visit Etsy and copy the links to all the products you want to promote.
- Create an account on Linktree and add new links, pasting the product links you copied from Etsy.
- Find the “My Linktree” section on Linktree and click on “Share” to copy the account link.
- Open your Instagram app or go to the webpage, and access your profile page by tapping on your profile icon.
- Click on the “Edit profile” button on your profile page and find the “Add link” section.
- Paste the “My Linktree” link you copied from Linktree and tap the checkmark button to save the changes.
This method is similar to the previous one in that you’ll add the links to your bio as a website. The difference is that this method allows you to add multiple links to your bio, which is not directly possible on Instagram. Since Instagram only allows one link on your bio, using Linktree is a perfect solution. Moreover, you can always access your Linktree account to add, change, or remove links, making it easy to switch links on and off as needed.
There are a number of reasons why links on Instagram may not work as expected. One important thing to keep in mind is that Instagram has certain restrictions on the types of links that can be added to your bio. If you try to add a prohibited link, you may receive an error message. However, if you follow the methods outlined above, your Etsy links should function properly and be accessible on your bio.